Bullet Edgar Allan Poe Library
Bullet Horror Classics Library
Bullet Grimm Fairy Tales
Bullet Horror Literature Forum
Bullet Horror Literature Quotes

edgar allan poe  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joan Carles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: edgar allan poe Reply with quote

Hello!

First of all, I wish to apologize for my poor English. I’m 34 years old, and I’m a Catalan teacher of mathematics in a very big school of Barcelona (Sagrat Cor de Sarrià). I like very, very much the tales and poems of Edgar Allan Poe, and I would like to meet a group of serious people also as interested as me in his works in order to comment, perhaps a little intellectually, on them, or to exchange writings about them, by email and perhaps. In Barcelona there is no group of these characteristics, at least there is no serious group (Of course, there are groups which speak about the works of Poe but, in my opinion, they comment on them a little superficially; I would say that they comment on them with a little childish point of view; but, of course, it is only my opinion). Do you think that you would be able to help me in order to find something like this? Maybe you know some group of research at the University which are studying or reading the works of Poe… Or perhaps in your Museum itself there are groups who organize activities around him…Well, any information which you can provide me it will be received by me very, very gratefully!

And I don’t bother you more. Sorry for taking your time, and thank you very much in advance for the interest that you can take in my request.

Best wishes from Barcelona!

Juan Carlos González.
TheCabinet
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: edgar allan poe Reply with quote

Hi Juan,

You came to the right place. You can see from the radio section and Edgar Allan Poe Theater that I am a huge fan as well. So what stories do you want to talk about?

-Casey
Page 1 of 1