Transparent
Bullet Horror Television Database
Bullet Horror Television Forum
Bullet Horror Television Quotes

Ghost Watch  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheCabinet
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Ghost Watch Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone has seen this thing, but while I was on a mission to track down mock-doc horror films, I came across this show that went out live on the BBC years ago and managed to incite a little panic. All in all, very impressive and extremely creepy program.

The thing that sparked my memory on this is that I happened upon Most Haunted Live this Friday and was kind of taken back by how dead-on "Ghost Watch" was for these types of shows, despite debuting years before. A little head of its time. I wonder if it would play out more like a parody these days after the Most Haunted and Ghost Hunters live shows.

Anyone remember or seen this?
B-Independent.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: aadonk Reply with quote

Don't know if you remember popping onto my boards a few years ago and discussing mock-docs, but that is what got me interested in tracking this one down. An old filmschool buddy sells copies on his site and he finally scored me a copy about two or three years ago.

To be honest, I keep falling asleep about 30 minutes in...

there's something similar that I've been trying to track down for years. Back around Halloween '95, one of the cable stations played a War of the World's type invasion special that was essentially an update of the Orson Wells radio play geared for contemporary television culture....and it was pretty convincing.

http://www.b-independent.com/B-IndependentBannerExchange/
TheCabinet
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: aadonk Reply with quote

I don't know why, but it kept me pretty captivated but I remember it taking its time to set things out. Did you ever finish it?

The funny thing is that I turned back to that Most Haunted Live real late and they had gone to paid advertising and dropped the last two hours. I got excited, thinking some catastrophic Ghost Watch thing had happened... Turned out Comcast has some deal that drops that channel for paid advertising at that hour. Too bad... Very Happy

I'm pretty sure the one you are looking for is Without Warning with Jane Kaczmarek (Malcom's mother!) where everyone thinks an asteroid is breaking apart and landing on Earth. That is until the witnesses on the ground start speaking in some strange dialect...
Alayziah51

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This watch when activated would allow you to pass through enemy players. The effect however can only last for up to 6 seconds because of the watch's fast drain rate. The effect can't be seen by enemies. Activation of the effect is instant while deactivation takes 2 seconds. The watch recharges so slow that collecting ammo boxes regularly would be the only way to maintain a full cloak bar. The watch has a second ability that is automatic. If an enemy were to attack you, as long as you have atleast 50% of the cloak bar full, no scream or blood will be seen or heard (you still take damage and knockback however). The watch would also look something like this.
Adosmith

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taylormade sldr driver Look along the left side of the Ping color code chart for wrist-to-floor measurements in inches; the chart goes from 29 to 40 inches. Look along the right side of the chart for measurements in centimeters.
Page 1 of 1