Yes
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

Rhonda S Davis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Does anyone remember the original Dark Shadows? 1966-71 Reply with quote

I remember rushing home from school to watch this great Horror\Soap Opera. It had everything monsters, ghosts, witches & warlocks, werewolves and of course, Barnabas, the reluctant vampire.

For it's time and considering the low budget they had to work with this was truly a classic in it's own time as well as a cult classic now.

Thankfully, MPI has put Dark Shadows on VHS and DVD for all of us to enjoy.

If you haven't seen this show, I urge you to do so. It was truly a great series.

Rhonda S. Davis
TheCabinet
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit, this is one series that has been on my to-do list forever, but I have never gotten around to it. Probably because there are so many episodes that it would take a long, long time to get through them and I am a little concerned that I might get addicted to it. Very Happy

I believe Dan Curtis has never received the credit he deserves for his role in 70s horror from all of his other works I have seen, so maybe it is time to take the plunge and finally get drawn in...

-Casey
Rhonda S Davis

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Dark Shadows Reply with quote

Dan Curtis was one of many who never got the credit they deserved. I love this old show and I have many of the episodes on VHS. Many of the bigger video stores carry some if not all of the episodes. I believe you can get them from Netflix as well.

There were close to 1250 episodes and on VHS there are five on each tape. I am not sure how many they would put on DVD.

The show was on from 1966-1971. The first 6 months or so it was a gothic mystery soap opera and truthfully getting ready to be cut...but Dan Curtis had a vampire up his sleeve and the rest is history.

A lot of people are put off by the low budget production and the bloopers, but they are what makes the show so great...it's fun to watch a second time around and try to catch them.

I could go on and on about Dark Shadows, but I will just say that if you haven;t seen it. Do so, you'll like it too.

Rhonda
Page 1 of 1