TheCabinet.com

Invisible
  Horror Television Forum
Transparent
Bullet Horror Television Database
Bullet Horror Television Forum
Bullet Horror Television Quotes

The Cabinet is Closing!  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Horror Television Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2001 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

You've probably been wondering why there hasn't been an update sent for quite some time now, or why the updates on the site have really dwindled to a crawl over the last couple of months. Well... The truth is that I took an unexpected break from The Cabinet to reevaluate what I wanted to do with it. The demands of the site had grown to the point that I was struggling to keep up with it.

After giving it a lot of thought, I have decided to close down the site - effective immediately. To be completely honest, the site has taken a high toll on both my body and my mind and I am looking forward to freeing up some time to pursue other interests. As the site continued to grow, the demands of maintenance continued to get worse and what little free time I had was quickly eaten up. Needless to say, I really could use a break from it.

Because of the short notice, I plan on keeping the message boards open for an additional two weeks (until June 15) before they are taken down, so that the regular posters have enough time to re-locate to a new message board. However, the rest of the site has already been disabled.

Let me take this opportunity to thank all of the contributors to the site, both past and present, for helping make The Cabinet one of the best on the Net. I truly could not have done it without them. I would like to give a special thanks to Alex Williams and Joanne Hopkins for keeping news flowing on the site over the last couple of months, while I was off thinking over my decision.

And a very, very special thanks to all of you who have visited the site over the years and helped it grow into the most popular horror site on the Internet. Your e-mails were always greatly appreciated and your support has been amazing!

We had one hell of a seven year run, but the time has come to close her down. That is not to say that it might not resurface someday - After all, if there was anything we have learned from this genre is that the dead have a bad habit of not actually staying dead. However, I can't make any guarantees - It all depends on how bored I get with all this free time on my hands.

Again, thank you very much for all of the support and the words of encouragement over the last seven years. I've had a blast working on this site and am thrilled that I had the opportunity to meet so many interesting people. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

Best wishes,
-Casey Hopkins

Submitted By: Casey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2001 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc:

You'll be missed ... best wishes and good luck!

This was the first horror site I came to when I first went online in search for info. on my fav. tv shows. It's still the best.

I've read several of your film reviews on rottentomatoes.com and thoroughly enjoyed them. Hope you keep up with those. Don't stop writing!

Anyways, here's wishing you the best in your future endeavors.

Submitted By: PJ
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1